lørdag 16. september 2017

GDT Basteltraum - Challenge #57




Last month I won the Gold Award in Basteltraum's challenge #54 - Water. Yay! I was asked to make a paper project as a guest designer for their September challenge #57 - Tic-tac-toe.

I wanted to make a fun card and chose these cute robots from Paper Smooches. The set comes with little screws and such, which gave me the idea of using them as Christmas ornaments.

The scene is one layer, I used masking paper over the images while I coloured the sky and embossed the snow.













The challenge task for September is using this tic-tac-toe board as a recipe for a paper project. I chose polka dots, cute design and stencil.

Basteltraum host such nice challenges! Their design team are super talented and you can win a gift card to the shop. This challenge will run until 15th October. You can enter one project each month. To check it out, click here!
















The Christmas tree is a layering stamp from Hero Arts. I stamped the robots in grey ink and coloured with inktense pencils. The "ornaments" were stamped in Versamark and embossed with silver and gold.

The three images were masked off so I could colour the sky and emboss the snow. I used a torn piece of paper as a mask for the ground.

I stamped the poinsettia in Versamark and embossed with gold powder, then coloured with Mijello watercolours. This flower is quite big, so I cut away some leaves to make it smaller. In the end I adhered the poinsettia with foam tape for extra dimension.














Stamps: Boom Bots - Paper Smooches, Poinsettia - Hero Arts, Color Layering Christmas Tree - Hero Arts, text stamp from Gummiapan

Stencil: Snowfall - My Favorite Things


Thanks for stopping by!
Lillian :)














Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar