tirsdag 22. november 2016

New Baby Fox

Here is a card I made for a couple who just had a baby girl.

I wanted the motive to be three cute animals, to sort of illustrate each member of the family, and I chose these foxes.
Obviously a card for a baby girl should have something pink, so I painted the leaves on the tree like cherry blossoms.
As a funny detail I gave the baby fox a pink nappy. I decided to colour the foxes grey, which goes better with pink.

The card itself is turquoise. This gives a nice contrast to the pink and makes the card more interesting, instead of being pink all over.









I started by stamping the foxes and items in MFT Natural hybrid ink. Then I stamped the tree in Distress Ink.
The items on the ground were coloured in Zig Clean Color and covered in Glossy Accents, the foxes were masked off with masking paper.

The grass and sky were coloured with Distress Ink, I used a simple stencil to make some cloud shapes.

Finally the foxes were also coloured with Zig Clean Color markers.







The foxes got a coat of Zig Wink of Stella for some extra shimmer, which I`m trying to show in this photo.

The text is stamped in Versamark ink and embossed with silver, then adhered to the card with foam tape.


Stamps: New Family - Mama Elephant, Fall Trees - Hero Arts, German text stamp from Gummiapan

Dies: Stitched Rectangles - Simon Says Stamp

Silver cardstock: Kraft-Core Metallic Collection - Tim Holtz


I've submitted this card to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Trio-tastic and Kort o Mania: Utfordring #11 - Alt er lov / Anything Goes


Have a nice day!
Lillian :)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Lillian, what a sweet trio of foxes! Such a beautiful scene and I like how you frame it with stitching. Thanks for joining us this week for our trio challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Happy Thanksgiving! Maura

    SvarSlett